Friday, February 3, 2017

A Change of Character

Written two years ago, and still rings true.

This is no time to be naive about the character and intentions of Donald Trump.
All the wishful thinking in the world that he will suddenly be humane, reasonable, self sacrificing, attentive and caring will not make it happen. Face the truth that if he ever goes to church in the next 4 years, it will be for a photo op, or because it serves his immediate political agenda. Enough already with the "he might have a change of heart."  Trump has neither the need nor the disposition to be sufficiently reflective for such a change.

And before you start telling me that I never know what is in a man's heart, stop right there.  Trump has revealed his heart to the world for decades. His beliefs, his core "values", those things that motivate him are on public record. And even since his election, nothing he has said or done indicates the slightest change in that.  True, he may be showing signs of hesitancy.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
— Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civility, courtesy & decency are expected. I respect your right to disagree with anything I write, but I am under no obligation to post your views.