I've been inclined, urged and afraid of starting a blog off and on for a number of years. It's not so much that I have a lot that needs to be heard as it is that I just need to say some things from time to time.
My mind seldom stops processing, reflecting, weighing issues. Especially the "big" issues. I use quotation marks because I acknowledge that today's big issue may be tomorrow's big snore.
But I have always been inclined toward the large scale, the universal, the eternal. When I was a practicing Christian, the big issues included matters of salvation, heaven and the Kingdom of God. Now that I am... less convinced about religion, I still tend to focus on the big picture (and questions) about human destiny, potential and the planet.
Also, because it is very much in my emotional DNA, I still contemplate matters of faith, religion and hope. I am just more open to doubt than I used to be.
Likewise I no long feel compelled to 'get it right' all of the time.
Separately I will publish a disclaimer that will be directly linked on every future blog.
Call it therapy. Call it ego. Call it hubris. What ever the deep seated reasons for this blog endeavor may be, here it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Civility, courtesy & decency are expected. I respect your right to disagree with anything I write, but I am under no obligation to post your views.